Guerrilla marketing is a common term in business, yet foreign to most health care and fitness professionals.
In my opinion it is the lack of business and marketing education, and the misconception in our profession that “if you build it, they will come”.
First, let’s look into what Guerrilla Marketing is.
GM is an unconventional system of promotions that rely on time, energy and imagination rather than BIG BUDGETS.
The Objective: To create a Buzz, something that is a unique thought provoking concept that will go VIRAL.
This form of marketing usually involves unusual approaches that may stir the pot and create an uneasy feeling for most health care professionals like chiropractors, osteopaths, and massage therapist.
Guerrilla Market is a perfect technique for small business owners and entrepreneurs that is a low cost solution.
Adam’s Guerrilla Marketing Guidelines:
– Focus on working with other practitioners and businesses
– Use Current Technology and social media outlets
– Aim towards small groups and teams, instead of individualized markets
– Forget about your competition
– Put fourth your time and top creative skills
Ways to use Guerrilla Marketing:
– Film a video of your services, add music, and transitions. Upload to YouTube
– Write articles for popular health and fitness sites
– Guest interview for blogs
– Have a charity event at your facility
– Give away free product on your site
There are multiple ideas and strategies to integrate this form of marketing into your current model and business. If you are a health care professional and looking for a low cost solution to get more clients and patients, then this is the avenue for you. Remember; look into the guidelines your governing body or college has set for your profession.